Understanding How Cheap Business Health Insurance Works
Employers Resource helps every business at all stages with growth and development. Find out why we offer the best Cheap Business Health Insurance and much more! Call us today at (800) 559-2350.
Since the time Obamacare was launched, there have been a number of updates to the criteria for individual and group health insurance. Let’s take a look at the Cheap Business Health Insurance options for 2015:
- If you run a small business, you are not required to offer the employees any health insurance. However, if you do, you may qualify for certain tax credits
- Regardless of whether you actually provide any Cheap Business Health Insurance cover to individuals working in your company or not, it is your responsibility to make them aware that they are able to seek health-coverage under the ACA. In addition, you have to let the employees know that they also get guaranteed individual health coverage
- You are also required to keep them informed that they might be eligible for certain government subsidies if the health coverage you provide them is not considered affordable under the ACA
- With effect from 2015, business that have 100/more full-time employees have to provide Cheap Business Health Insurance/ pay attax penalty
Open Enrollment for Cheap Business Health Insurance
As a small business owner, you have the option to:
- Buy a small employer-health plan for the entire year/add employees to that plan. However, you will have additional-options if you buy coverage starting from 15 Nov 2014 through 15 Dec 2014 (annual open enrollment period)
- The Washington Health Benefit Exchange (WHBE) has opened-up enrollment for 2015 for individual & small group plans. If you buy any insurance plan between 15 Nov 2014 through 15 Dec 2014, your group won’t be subject to the minimum-employee-participation requirements
In addition, during this time, all your employees also have the option to go to this site Washington Healthplanfinder to qualify for a tax-credit/Apple Health (Medicaid), instead of participating in their small employer plan.
Small businesses (1-50employees) & businesses that have 51-100 employees aren’t subject to employer mandates and don’t have any tax-penalty if you do not offer your employees a Cheap Business Health Insurance plan
Buying Business Health Insurance
If you are a small business owner (1-50 employees) you have a number of options:
- Small Employer Market – You can buy Business Health Insurance in the small-employer market, directly from any insurance company, insurance broker/ insurance agent
- Washington State’s Exchange – In 2015, small businesses have the functionality to choose a Business Health Insurance via wahbexchange.org. This was previously known as SHOP. Qualifying businesses may also be eligible for tax benefits
- Association Health Plans – A small business is able to buy health insurance via an association. However, if it isn’t a true large employer (over 50 employees), that business is not eligible to get a large employer plan and will be sold a small employer plan.
- Don’t buy any health plan – You can decide against buying group health insurance & let your employees buy their individual health plans
If you employ less than 25 employees that have average annual salaries of < $50,000 per year, you might qualify for tax-credits. For additional information regarding tax benefits for Cheap Business Health Insurance, check www.wahbexchange.org.
Employers Resource helps every business at all stages with growth and development. Find out more! Call us today at (800) 559-2350.
Our Orange County Office
Our San Diego Office
Copyright by WebVisable Web Presence Professionals