Importance of Affordable Business Health Plans
Employers Resource helps every business at all stages with growth and development. Find out about our affordable business health plans and much more!
Call 800.559.2350 or send us a quick email!
Medical insurance helps in protecting an individual/family from the financial losses for costs that are incurred because of an injury or illness. As per the U.S Census Bureau, around 85 percent of all citizens have one or the other type of medical insurance. Approximately 50 percent who have coverage get it either through their employers or their spouse’s employer. Offering Affordable Business Health Plans to employees (& their families), makes a lot of sense to business owners for various reasons.
Things to Know
- Affordable Business Health Plans are those which an employer purchases & offers the company’s eligible employees (& his/her eligible dependents)
- The premium cost is also divided between the employee and employer
- In addition, the employer contributes a certain percentage, towards these premiums
- Generally, these premiums increase with each passing year. These are dependent on the health-care costs of the employee-group in the earlier year
Affordable Medical Insurance Plans- The Benefits
Affordable Business Health plans are a definite benefit because the risk is spread across the company and all the employees that are being covered under a particular plan. This could be referred to as a small group plan/ employer-sponsored health insurance/job-based health insurance. A business which offers medical Insurance benefits in a number of ways:
- Greater Competition- Small businesses which offer employer-sponsored health insurance as part of the employee-benefits-package are able to attract more qualified applicants in comparison to businesses that don’t. This fact is more evident when businesses of the same scale within a certain industry, are compared
- Reduction in Operating Costs- This is an ideal method of reducing operating costs. Employees tend to settle for jobs that offer lower salaries if it provides them (& eligible family members) with Affordable Business Health Plans A business owner can negotiate a much lower salary which reduces operating costs
- Improvement in Productivity- Having a healthy workforce is a definite benefit as it improves your company’s productivity. Employees with medical insurance will be sick for fewer days and a number of studies have proved that healthy workers are generally 3 times more productive in comparison to ones in poor health
- Tax Benefits– Any small business that has Affordable Business Health Plans can show their percentage of the contribution towards it, as a business expense and are eligible for a tax credit. With reference to incorporated business, the insurance as well as any coverage that is paid for its employees will be deductible
- Reduces Insurance Costs– Businesses can get significantly lower insurance rates in comparison to individuals. More the number of people in a group lower the insurance rates for each individual. Since the risk is divided over more people, it brings down the total cost. This benefits the employers as well as employees
What is also very important is that when a workforce gets Affordable Business Health Plans benefits from their employers, they are happier with working there which again increases their productivity.
Employers Resource helps every business at all stages with growth and development. Find out more! Call us today at (800) 559-2350.
Our Orange County Office
Our San Diego Office
Copyright by WebVisable Web Presence Professionals